Mangoman's Gaming Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Reviewing a rare game: Duke Nukem 3D for the Sega Mega Drive/Genesis

Go down

Reviewing a rare game: Duke Nukem 3D for the Sega Mega Drive/Genesis Empty Reviewing a rare game: Duke Nukem 3D for the Sega Mega Drive/Genesis

Post  Mangoman Fri Jan 22, 2010 6:07 pm

Reviewing a rare game: Duke Nukem 3D for the Sega Mega Drive/Genesis DukeNukem3DB000
Not a pirate, but a rare Brazilian Duke Nukem 3D port for the Sega Mega Drive.
This port was made by Tec Toy in 1998.
Well, time to REVIEW! Very Happy

Reviewing a rare game: Duke Nukem 3D for the Sega Mega Drive/Genesis DukeNukem3DB001
Ok so this is were we start. This first level looks NOTHING like the first level in the PC version.
Let's open that door and go through the path.

Reviewing a rare game: Duke Nukem 3D for the Sega Mega Drive/Genesis DukeNukem3DB002
K a mutant pig (that's how I like to call those brown monsters from Duke Nukem) appeared. Good I could kill him. But that death scream was nothing good. "ARGHHHH!" And why are the sprites so full of lines? K let's skip ahead.

Reviewing a rare game: Duke Nukem 3D for the Sega Mega Drive/Genesis DukeNukem3DB003
Ah fuck another mutant pig. K now I kill it and open the door behind him.

Reviewing a rare game: Duke Nukem 3D for the Sega Mega Drive/Genesis DukeNukem3DB004
Good surprise behind the door eh? Good I could stay kinda far from that thing, cos it explodes.

Reviewing a rare game: Duke Nukem 3D for the Sega Mega Drive/Genesis DukeNukem3DB005
So k I killed another mutant pig and found those dynamites behind the pig.

Reviewing a rare game: Duke Nukem 3D for the Sega Mega Drive/Genesis DukeNukem3DB006
What a good way to open a locked door!

Reviewing a rare game: Duke Nukem 3D for the Sega Mega Drive/Genesis DukeNukem3DB007
So I go to a wall with a strange pic, I click A, suddenly I opened a door and I find this mutant frog or blob thing...OR WHATEVER IT IS! I shoot it and it explodes ewwww. Though I could find a shotgun behind that thing. Now let's skip ahead.

Reviewing a rare game: Duke Nukem 3D for the Sega Mega Drive/Genesis DukeNukem3DB008
LOL. I unlocked some strange door and what I find is an idiot mutant pig trying to catch me yet not knowing he was trying to walk through a locked door. Shit AI is shit. I killed the pig just with one shot using my shotgun though.

Reviewing a rare game: Duke Nukem 3D for the Sega Mega Drive/Genesis DukeNukem3DB009
Kewl! Ammo for my shotgun! Though that is ALL I found behind some idiot mutant pig? Wow.

Reviewing a rare game: Duke Nukem 3D for the Sega Mega Drive/Genesis DukeNukem3DB010
Now let's activate this and see what happens.

Reviewing a rare game: Duke Nukem 3D for the Sega Mega Drive/Genesis DukeNukem3DB011
I go walking and I just revealed some place which had another green spaceship that I could destroy with one shot. Let's go see what is there behind the spaceship.

Reviewing a rare game: Duke Nukem 3D for the Sega Mega Drive/Genesis DukeNukem3DB012
Are those some kind of rocks? Obviously not because I shoot them and they explode and then blood falls everywhere. Ewww.

Reviewing a rare game: Duke Nukem 3D for the Sega Mega Drive/Genesis DukeNukem3DB013
Oh god, a mutant frog thingy was in one of those "rocks" (probably they were the eggs of those things), I shoot it and...EVERYTHING EXPLODES. I found a blue card behind all the eggs. Now let's go to the place where I need the blue access card.

Reviewing a rare game: Duke Nukem 3D for the Sega Mega Drive/Genesis DukeNukem3DB014
UNLOCKED! Now let's open this place.

Reviewing a rare game: Duke Nukem 3D for the Sega Mega Drive/Genesis DukeNukem3DB015
UPDATE: Well I recently found out this is a shitty elevator, I didn't know this when I was making this review.

Reviewing a rare game: Duke Nukem 3D for the Sega Mega Drive/Genesis DukeNukem3DB016
So when the bullets crash blood comes out of them? WTF?

Reviewing a rare game: Duke Nukem 3D for the Sega Mega Drive/Genesis DukeNukem3DB017
K I'm outta here!

So, overall, it's crap, the sprites are badly ripped from the original PC version and blood comes out of bullets (sometimes).

Rating: 3 of 10 (Mediocre)

Remember, I reviewed THIS PORT, NOT ANY OTHER DUKE NUKEM 3D VERSION!
The PC version is way cooler than this piece of shit.
Mangoman
Mangoman
Admin

https://mangomangaming.board-directory.net

Back to top Go down